Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hailey's Bee cake

I had a very busy week. I had accepted two orders in a row. First, a Bee theme cake for Hailey's Birthday. It is a two-layer carrot walnut cake and 30 pieces Chocolate cupcakes with Chocolate Butter cream and 20 pieces Vanilla cupcakes with Lemon Vanilla Butter cream. I had made the toppers ahead so it would be easy for me to decorate my cakes. She wants to have the cupcakes decorated with bees and butterflies so I add flowers too. I had so much fun making this cake but I had a few problems too. Few of my butterflies does not survived the drying time while others got broken, my bee's wings got broken too, while some were played by my son. hahahaha Good thing I made an extra batches for my toppers for I want to be ready if times like this happens.

She also asked o have a big honey bee at the top of her cake. I thought it would be nice if I'll just but a honey bee stuffed toy and put it on top but I never found one. I had no choice but to make an edible one! I was still it survived the drying time (it weighed 450 grams) and it still looks good though my son secretly pinched it when I was away!

About my two-layer fondant cake, I decorated it first with grass and flower stems not realizing that I made them too close with each other that turned out to be over decorated in my opinion. But all in all, they all looked good. So, here's the bee cake, it's for you to judge na lang.


No comments:

Powered By Blogger